Marinade will exchange 22,000,000 MNDE (2.2% token supply) from the DAO treasury allocation with the key Solana ecosystem participants: validators, and the leading DeFi projects. This proposal is the adjustment of the original intent to exchange 100M MNDE described back on March 31.
Marinade currently plans to exchange the 22,000,000 MNDE in the following manner:
- 16,620,000 MNDE for 1,662,000 USDC
- 380,000 MNDE for 1,000 SOL
- 5,000,000 MNDE for 500,000 SLND
For the USDC and SOL exchanges, the MNDE settlement price will be $0.1, reflecting the 21-day TWAP at the time of this proposal raised on the governance forum.
Marinade transfers MNDE allocation to the partner through non-fungible tokens representing the underlying MNDE locked in Marinade governance. This way the Partner can participate right away in the governance, and should they wish to exit their position, they can either use the standard 30-day withdrawal period or use secondary markets such as Magic Eden.
The Partner can secure additional MNDE at no further cost by contributing to Marinade’s total value locked. Based on how much staked SOL the Partner brings to Marinade, they will receive additional MNDE to be unlocked 12 months from the day of exchange execution. Marinade will disclose the associated accounts with the staking operation for full transparency.
Rate. For each new 100K SOL contributed to Marinade’s stake pool ⇒ bonus of 120K MNDE (0.012%) for the Partner.
- Staking facilities
- Zantetsu (Shinobi Systems)
- Ben Hawkins (Cogent Crypto)
- Michael (Laine, Stakewiz.com)
- Mango Markets (to be confirmed via on-chain vote following up on the governance proposal 5)
- Will Barnes, James Moreau (Jet Protocol)
- Spread control over Marinade + TVL growth. Marinade wants to bring in partners aligned with the decentralization mindset and make it economically viable for the partners to place their bet on liquid staking to be the future of proof-of-stake systems.
- Low MNDE liquidity. Exchanging $200K worth of MNDE on the market suffers 30%+ slippage. The exchange program offers 0% slippage by buying directly from the Marinade treasury and allowing Marinade to partially diversify its treasury.
The primary objective of this governance token exchange is not to raise funds - it is to open up the Marinade governance to the right partners, grow the TVL, launch the next phase of shared ownership, and put the rights over Marinade into the Solana ecosystem.