Hello Marinade DAO,
I am DeanMachine & make this grant proposal on behalf of the Dean’s List Network State. We are a growing community of power users & decentralization maxis & are primarily Solana native. Our signature offering is UI/UX feedback but we are rapidly growing into a vocal platform around governance, tokenomics, DAO consultancy, adoption of open source software, blockchain analytics and much more.
Grant Proposal - Scope
The scope of the proposed grant would be to undertake a thorough tokenomics review of the MNDE token, MNDE governance & present our proposals around how to structure them in a goal congruent manner with the community at the heart of it.
Grant Proposal - Terms of Reference & Flow
The process entails:
- A 1 hour introductory call with the MNDE community and Dean’s List community
- Dean’s List core tokenomics team will craft a questionnaire to fill any gaps in understanding and goal setting
- A 2 week exploratory session of Dean’s List community members. The goal of this is to have 3 unique proposals to present to the MNDE community.
- Another 1 hour call to discuss the proposals and how to implement them.
- Arrange up to two more 1 hour calls to help with implementation.
- A dedicated Whale’s Tales episode to share MNDE initiatives
Specific to MNDE, we shall cover:
Distribution: Path to full circulation including what is fair / community owned & what is not.
Utility: Value Accrual, Creation & Capture including the flywheel &/or network effect between your token & your project.
Decentralization & Governance: The path to decentralization & finding optimum balance between token governance & council governance.
Incentivization Structures: User acquisition campaigns
Grant Proposal - Expected Team
The Team shall be led by myself & comprise:
- Ahm3d - Citizen of the Dean’s List Network State with an expertise in Tokenomics & Governance. Joint lead at Team Tatami
- Whale’s Friend - Citizen of the Dean’s List Network State with an expertise in Tokenomics, Governance, Defi. Co-founder of Grape and Host of Whale’s Friend podcast
- Jack Guy - Citizen of the Dean’s List Network State with an expertise in Blockchain Analytics. He is also the Founder of Pine Analytics
Grant Proposal - Expected Award:
4,000 USDC in MNDE token (~20,000 MNDE) or 3,000 USDC
Our DAO will hold the MNDE token to increase our involvement in Marinade DAO and pay our members with USDC from our own treasury for their contributions on this tokenomics revamp.
References To Our Earlier Public Work