mDAO proposal - Unstake issue compensation

I do like the idea brought up by @Cogent_Crypto, I also think it is important to be waterproof so to say and I’d put my weight in making it 100% right for the mSOL price and mSOL users with the suggested idea of reduced fees until 2647 SOL has been ‘‘reimbursed’’ to the mSOL price.

Doing that would maybe show everyone that Marinade is transparent and always makes things correct, even in hindsight. Additionally, it might make mSOL more attractive during this period as well.

5 Likes

Re: Vote

I really like the idea of doing public solana good by investing this amount in community builders. It would resolve the injustice where compensation helps also new stakers and not just those impacted.

Cons are that it would not raise the APY.

In that case it would also hurt Marinade less. Since we would not have to cut our fees, but pay straight from treasury. We would be able to, in that case, also wait till the token exchange is done. It would take some time anyway for the grant process to finish.

1 Like

Hey everyone, just a reminder that the poll will be closed and considered over at the end of the day (18:00 UTC - 04/27/2022).

If the current proposal is ahead, it’ll be submitted to an on-chain vote right after. If another option is ahead, @PlayerOfBits will work with the person that raised the counterproposal to formalize a new proposal to be voted on-chain.

Thank you all for your participation :pray:

2 Likes

I’m all for getting back what I feel is owed. I’ve held a significant amount of mSol since the beginning. I’m not a fan of commenters who act like they think it’s not my money. They remind me of the government and their fiat money spending sprees always with someone elses money. I’m leaving my mSol staked and I’m building on it. Provided people are like me , the treasury won’t have any problems. The idea of turning the staking fee into an unrealised capital gain is too good to fail (in mine and many others jurisdictions).

This proposal has been accepted by MNDE holders after a successful on-chain vote:

Thank you everyone for your participation! Details will be announced on Discord very shortly.

6 Likes

Closing this topic given the proposal passed and the change is live.