mDAO Proposal - Market Making Partnership with Lifinity (Modified)

Hi Durden! several questions:

Assuming the stSOL-USDC pool (which among our pools has the most similar profile to a mSOL-USDC pool) generates a daily volume of $1M (the average so far)

If I understand correctly, youā€™re providing 1 million USDC + 1 million mSOL, and also running the pool.

1. Whatā€™s the monthly fee earned by Linfinity considering a daily volume of $1M ?

2. are you currently providing the service for stSOL?

1 Like

We would provide $1M of liquidity, which would mean $500k USDC and $500k mSOL.

1. The stSOL-USDC pool hasnā€™t been running for a month yet, so itā€™s not clear. Also, both fees and MMP/IL will vary significantly from month to month. We also adjust our fees to maximize profit. It is currently set to 0.12%, so if we assumed stable volume and an unchanging price, weā€™d earn 1M * 0.12% * 30 = 36k. (Now that more time has passed, it looks like the average daily volume is actually lower than $1M).

2. We provide liquidity as a service to Lido, so they compensate us on a monthly basis based on the volume generated.

2 Likes

So thatā€™s about 43.2% APY youā€™re collecting on the 1 million correct? $432k/year?
And since mSOL price is tied to SOL price, we will be paying you on top of that for the risk youā€™re taking that SOL goes way below current price, correct?

2 Likes

APR, yes.

Our proposed deal with Marinade is a one-time grant, so no there will not be on-going payments (and even if you did pay it wouldnā€™t be for SOLā€™s price risk but rather the risk of us holding mSOL relative to SOL ā€“ smart contract risk etc.)

1 Like

43.2% APY sounds nice, and Marinade contract risk is really low. I say you should do it anyway even if you donā€™t get the grant from Marinade.

The deal is a little strange, if you tell me you need to get paid to run MNDE<>USDC pool, thatā€™s more understandable, but I donā€™t see it for mSOL<>USDC (maybe Iā€™m wrong), thatā€™s because mSOL is a SOL derivative, and Marinade contract risk is lowā€¦ looks like something you should do just for the 43% APY IMHO

1 Like

I think you are confusing profit from market making with incentives paid by the protocol for the service. The potential 43.2% APR is not from trading fees, it is from Lido paying us in LDO based on volume generated.

Your reasoning begs the question of why Marinade has incentivized mSOL-USDC pools until now. I think the obvious answer is that providing liquidity for it is too risky (especially in terms of IL) for people to be motivated to do it in the absence of incentives.

2 Likes

So the 0.12% fee on each operation is paid by LIDO? There are no fees for the user making the swap?

1 Like

The 0.12% is the swap fee, paid by traders. Lido pays 0.05% on the total volume generated (totally separate from the 0.12%).

So Iā€™m confused againā€¦

Those 36k/year make the 43% APR on 1 million USD youā€™re providing. I still donā€™t understand why do we need to pay you, for you to do something that looks very profitable on itself.

Regarding mSOL<>SOL liquidity, we have 23 million USD in our internal pool and 5 million more on ORCA, and SOL<>USDC has a lot of depth everywhere, so mSOL<>SOL is relevant to mSOL<>USDC

Iā€™ve no problem partnering with Lifinity, but please explain why do we need it, please convince us that we depart from 2 million MNDE and get something of at least equal value in return.

I need to understand what are we buying, and I still donā€™tā€¦ what are we paying for? 1 million deep liquidity mSOL<>USDC pool? do we need it considering actual existing pools?. Maybe is me, and Iā€™m not seeing the advantage, but TBH I still donā€™t see how this is a good buy for the DAO.

If weā€™re paying for the oracle, letā€™s put that in a separate proposal.

1 Like

The 36k is just the fees and doesnā€™t factor in the possibility of IL or the price risk of holding mSOL. We are being compensated for the risk being taken.

2 Likes

@Durden hello

1. What is the Lifinity wallet address to receive the grant?
  2. Is it ok to send the funds already locked as NFT?
1 Like

71hhezkHQ2dhmPySsHVCCkLggfWzPFEBdfEjbn4NCXMG

Yes, NFT would be great. Excited to see what it looks like! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Imho it looks nice! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Love it! gm :purple_heart:

Does Marinade need any info from us in order to create the liquidity mining gauge?

1 Like

Yes, please fill out this form :pray:

2 Likes

Hi guys,

I wanted to offer a different idea thatā€™s probably a better proposal for the DAO.

Iā€™ve been successfully market making on Mango for a while now, usually in the top 5 by volume with decent performance. Currently the top MM in spot markets by volume.

I can offer MSOL liquidity on Serum (thus Jupiter) through Mango. I donā€™t require any upfront payment and the capital youā€™d provide for liquidity can sit in a delegate account owned by the DAO and managed by me. We can have a profit sharing deal like I do with other investors (currently 3 different entities), Iā€™d suggest you keep 20% of the profits. You can get an idea of the approximate performance by looking at one of my accounts which I run for one of the key people on Mango team:

So far, about 300% return since May.

To summarise:

• no upfront payment.
  • funds and tokens remain owned by the DAO.
  • good track record.

Please let me know if this sounds interesting.

spacemonkey

Hi @spacemonkey,

Welcome to the forum! This proposal has already passed, so Iā€™d recommend you create a separate thread to argue for your approach. It might be best if you first discuss it on the Discord, though, as DAO members have given great feedback before.

Cheers!

Iā€™m a little confused. Iā€™m new here and donā€™t understand how this forum works. What was the outcome of this proposal from Lifinity?

1 Like

The proposal passed, something that we clearly for got to comment about here. :smiley: Thanks for raising it.

If you want to make a proposal, starting by checking the guidelines here.

1 Like

Closing this topic for now, since the pool is live and running.