GoblinGold Partnership

Hello Binye, thanks for the reply!
As Marinade is really close to releasing on-chain governance, we wanted this decision to be one of the first that is entirely in the hands of MNDE holders. You can expect a vote on your proposal very soon and we invite you to keep updating the community on your progress in the meantime :slight_smile:

Thank you for your patience to make this decision memorable for the whole Solana ecosystem :rocket:

3 Likes

This is awesome to see! Thank you for putting this decision in the hands of the community. As I’m sure you know, many of us are excited for MNDE governance. Looking forward to the vote!

Awesome that’s great. Excited about the on-chain governance for Marinade and looking forward to seeing the decision that the community will take!

A short update about us. We are currently testing the new version of the contracts on mainnet, so it should be ready for an audit next week. Also working on our second strategy which will autocompound Sunny&Saber rewards.
We have been talking to Invest and Atrix teams and they both express interest in integrating with us as well.

Hey Biyne and GoblinGold team,

Uddhav from Friktion here. Quite an exciting proposal - reminds me of one which sowed the seeds for some of the growth stage product decisions at Yearn and Sushi, which led to some really interesting innovations from the protocols and contributors.

This looks like a high ROI ($+ time) proposition for Marinade (core team + protocol + MNDE holders) since it is attempting to supercharge the DeFi ecosystem on top of mSOL, currently Solana’s leading staking derivative. If mSOL as an asset remains the focus of GoblinGold in the medium term, I support this proposal.

Addressing @repe’s concerns:

• Security: code reviews for something this can be compensated and gated such that Marinade support is reliant on GoblinGold team achieving milestones. Since GoblinGold will be integrating with many protocols, I would encourage you to work closely with their core devs (Friktion will certainly support this, wen integration? :zap:) to ensure your integration meets and exceeds the standards.
  • Resources: once Marinade Gov launched, projects like this offer a unique chance for Marinade to support an entire ecosystem

The Ethereum ecosystem has showed us the ability of staking derivatives (stETH) to create fundamental value for mSOL users (good writeup from Lido about use cases of stETH in DeFi, which would be great to see from Marinade as well!).

Currently, afaik the integration on the Marinade DeFi opportunities page is largely externally handled (ie DeFI protocol have to PR into Marinade front end). If all this partnership starts with is a button on the top of the DeFi opportunities page, I think it will result in higher mSOL deployment in Solana DeFi! Soju also shares a good response to PlayerOfBits’ question: reducing the barrier to entry into mSOL DeFi for a significant set of users (@binye can you share some metrics you will use to measure this?). I expect this will be a high ROI implementation once GoblinGold meets some requirements that the teams can agree on.

Finally, let’s get Friktion mSOL Volt integrated into GoblinGold! Drop me a ping and we can get this started :zap:

I will leave the discussion on incentivizing GoblinGold for yield optimization or MarinadeDAO (soonTM?) contributions since incentive fee structures can be explored once adoption achieves target metrics that teams/community agree upon.

~Uddhav
(Twitter:@degen_quant, Discord: 0xFriktion#6762)

3 Likes

Closing this as it has been quiet for a few months.